What are the rules for getting a Pacific Pride or CFN card in Oregon?
Star Oilco can make getting set up with Pacific Pride in Oregon easy. Send any questions you have our way. Use of commercial cardlock is the best way to secure your fleet from fuel theft and seize control of corporate and small business fleet fueling. We are there to serve your business around the United States. In Oregon though, gasoline is not legally dispensed without a few safety precautions required by Oregon state.
Oregon law does not allow self serve gasoline along the I-5 corridor. Diesel is legally allowed for self serve but gasoline as a flammable is not. Therefore the Oregon Fire Marshall has rules restricting the use of commercial cardlock gasoline for individual uses. For commercial uses Pacific Pride, CFN, Comdata, Voyager and other Commercial Cardlock networks is allowed for businesses in Oregon. If you are fleet operator or individual outside of Oregon these requirements do not apply in your home state but if you substantially operate in Oregon the state Fire Marshall will have an expectation of these rules applying to you.
What are the rules for using Commercial Cardlock in Oregon:
- Business purpose required for gasoline cardlock use in Oregon (not any other state).
- If you are using solely diesel, commercial cardlock is available to everyone (individuals and businesses).
- If you are planning on fueling gasoline vehicles you must be a business (or used for commercial use).
- To access gasoline at cardlock in Oregon you must be able to prove that you use over 900 gallons of fuel a year.
- To access gasoline at cardlock in Oregon someone in your business must also take a Oregon Fire Marshall Safety Test.
- Message Star Oilco below for a copy of the Oregon Fire Marshall Safety Test
If you have questions about Pacific Pride or other cardlock systems please don’t hesitate to contact Star Oilco with any questions you may have. Star Oilco has a long tradition of making cardlock easy for businesses large and small. In particular we specialize in helping you secure fuel usage to eliminate fuel theft and reduce any chance or opportunity for thieves.