Use Pacific Pride Fuel Cards as a Management Tool
Manage your driver’s habits in real time with Pacific Pride fuel cards.
Star Oilco’s Pacific Pride card can give you control over when and where fuel is purchased. We guarantee the highest level of control by offering human support designed to make it easy for a small business. You have enough to manage and don’t need another website to log into. We make it easy for you to know who bought what, when, and where — in real time — to better manage the buying decisions by your drivers.
You can use Star Oilco’s Pacific Pride card to:
- Know who – the name of the driver purchasing and the vehicle they have
- What fuels – control the products available to avoid costly premium gas purchases
- Limit gallons – the total gallons that can be bought at one time
- Limit transactions – control the number of transactions a fuel card can have in one day
- Time – predetermine the time of day that a fuel card can be used
- Where – zip codes or states that a fuel card can be used in
Star Oilco Pacific Pride – The best option to knock out fuel theft.
Pacific Pride, CFN, WEX, Voyager and other fleet cards all have similar tools. We find that small businesses need one extra tool: a human being on the other side helping make sure the total program is working. We help you grab control of every drop, every dollar and every driver.
We are your partner in Fleet Card and Cardlock Card success.
Star Oilco goes one step further than our competitors: we keep things simple and we make it easy for you. This is done with the obvious human element and best practices to complete the full value that a secured fuel card offers. Call us and get to know what makes us different! You tell us what you need and we’ll consult with youto get a working card program.
This is what we recommend for your non-management cards:
- Secure your fleet card to a vehicle (attached to the license plate on the bill or place the fleet card on the key ring of the vehicle).
- Designate your vehicle cards to only work in the state’s zip codes that you service during the times of day you operate as a business.
- Give each driver a unique and secret PIN attached to their name (so when they use a card, their name appears on the bill next to the transaction).
- Implement a “No Tolerance Fuel Theft Policy” with your Human Resource policy. Have every employee sign a contract with your business that they own their personal secret PIN and it is only for them to use. Star Oilco can provide a recommended policy for you to use. Then, if they share their PIN with someone else, they will be responsible for anything that happens. If theft is happening, it is a “No Tolerance” dismissal offense on the first occurrence.
- Use the e-receipts to see in real-time fuel purchases. An electronic receipt is emailed to your Controller or Dispatcher to watch for off-policy fuel usage in real time, which allows your Dispatch or Management to respond the same day to questionable decisions around fuel cards.
Now, imagine how this works for your business in practice.
You can set up restrictions by days of the week, hours of the day or even by zip codes. If your business does not operate on weekends, turn off the fuel cards during the times you do not operate. If your fleet is never on the road before 7am and is back at home by 7pm every night, set up those time restrictions to make it that much harder for fuel theft to occur. If you need to update this, change something, order cards, etc., just call our office and we take care of that update for you.
With our e-receipts, your Dispatch will get an email every time fuel is purchased. You will see where, what, when and with whom this occurs. You can reinforce your company fuel policies at the local level the same day — No more waiting for the bill to see if a driver did something that cost you money. By seizing control of your fuel, your drivers will also respond to your new level of control as well. By having control and transparency of what your drivers do, they will require less management as they know you are watching.
Often the most controllable expense related with fuel is the fuel that might slip through a business due to unethical employees or outside theft. Fuel slippage is the industry term for unauthorized fuel taking. With Pacific Pride cardlock fuel, you can take control over fuel purchases and avoid the loss up front with card controls. Contact Star Oilco for a total fuel security solution for your business.
Seize control with Star Oilco’s corporate fleet card solutions.
If you have further questions about Pacific Pride and control of your fleet fueling, call us at 503-283-1256 or contact us using the form below.
Star Oilco is a proud and independent Franchisee of Pacific Pride