What does a business need to use Pacific Pride or CFN in Oregon?
Pacific Pride and CFN are fleet card options focused on eliminating theft in your operation. They are designed to protect small businesses from fuel theft and give management control over when, where, and what is bought. Although, Oregon has limits on self-serve in urban areas. Therefore, there are rules associated with using unattended fleet cards, or “cardlock” fueling, as it is commonly called.
Whether you are a large dispersed corporate fleet or a small business with a fleet size of one, we can secure your fueling needs from theft. Send any questions you have our way. Use of a fleet card dedicated for service at a commercial cardlock is the best way to secure your fleet from fuel theft. This will guarantee you seize control of your fleet fueling. For this reason, in Oregon where self-serve is not the standard way of fueling, far more stand-alone 24-7 cardlock locations are available under the Pacific Pride and CFN brands. In Oregon, gasoline is not legally dispensed without a few safety precautions required by Oregon state, so there are other factors a business needs to consider in using it.
Oregon law does not allow self-serve gasoline along the I-5 corridor. Diesel is legally allowed for self serve, but gasoline as a flammable is not. Therefore the Oregon Fire Marshall has rules restricting the use of commercial cardlock gasoline for individual uses. For commercial uses Pacific Pride, CFN, Comdata, Voyager and other Commercial Cardlock networks is allowed for businesses in Oregon. If you are a fleet operator or an individual outside of Oregon, these requirements do not apply in your home state, but if you substantially operate in Oregon, the state Fire Marshall will have an expectation of these rules applying to you.
What are the rules for using Commercial Cardlock in Oregon?
- Business usage is required for gasoline cardlock fleetcard use in Oregon (not any other state).
- If you are using solely diesel, commercial cardlock is available to everyone (individuals and businesses).
- If you are planning on fueling gasoline vehicles, you must have a business license (or prove its for commercial use).
- NOTE: Self-serve laws have changed and allow for rural Oregonians outside of the Willamette Valley to use cardlock for self serve in parts of Oregon. Call Star Oilco for more information on this.
- To access gasoline at cardlock in Oregon, you must be able to prove that you use over 900 gallons of fuel a year.
- To access gasoline at cardlock in Oregon, someone in your business must also take a Oregon Fire Marshall Safety Test.
- NOTE: Message Star Oilco below for a copy of the Oregon Fire Marshall Safety Test.
If you have questions about Pacific Pride or other cardlock systems please don’t hesitate to contact Star Oilco with any questions you may have. Star Oilco has a long tradition of making cardlock easy for businesses large and small. In particular, we specialize in helping you secure fuel usage to eliminate fuel theft and reduce any chance or opportunity for thieves.