Why does a RV owner need a Pacific Pride or CFN card?
Can a RV (Recreational Vehicle) owner get a Pacific Pride or CFN card?
Pacific Pride. Made with commercial vehicles in mind, make us the easiest sites for RV access.
RV friendly refueling sites. Wide lanes, high speed diesel pumps, 24 hour access, and no lines.
Get out of diesel fuel lines and ensure control over what you buy.
Pacific Pride and CFN are the most secure and convenient ways to buy diesel fuel.
If you are fueling with gasoline in the counties that allow self-serve gasoline, Pacific Pride is now a convenient option for you to fuel 24-7.
If you are using solely diesel, commercial cardlock is available to everyone everywhere in Oregon. Self-serve diesel is already legal in Oregon and often cheaper at a commercial cardlock throughout Oregon. Self-serve gasoline is allowed in several rural counties in Oregon outside of the I-5 corridor. Self-serve gasoline in the more populated parts of Oregon requires a business use as described below.
In addition, Pacific Pride and CFN are found throughout the United States and offer safe and convenient fueling stations for larger vehicles.
Why is a Commercial site better?
Commercial sites offer several benefits.
- Open 24/7: If you are starting out early in the morning or driving through the night, the sites are open all days. Because the sites are self-serve, they will be open each day of the week and on holidays.
- Ease of access: Commercial sites are built with large vehicles in mind. Entrances, exits and turns are all built for vehicles with a large turning radius in mind. Make your in, out, and turn around far less vexing.
- No lines: Commercial customers are fewer and higher volume. Get out of the retail gas lines by fueling at a commercial site. The people using these pump get in, fill-up and leave.
- Avoid inattentive drivers: Passenger vehicles don’t always understand the stopping and turning radius that bigger vehicles need. One small fender-bender can cause thousands of dollars in repair bills and insurance premium.
- Fast Flow Diesel: The pumps are made for vehicles that need a lot of fuel. They flow faster than the small gas stations. If you want to get back on the road, you won’t need to spend a lot of time filling your tank.
What are the rules for using Commercial Cardlock in Oregon?
- Business usage is required for gasoline cardlock fleetcard use in the more urban parts of Oregon (not any other state). In self-serve Oregon counties, as well as out of Oregon, Pacific Pride cards are available for use by anyone.
- Oregon Counties that allow self serve gasoline are: Baker, Clatsop, Crook, Curry, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Hood River, Jefferson, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Tillamook, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, and Wheeler.
- The counties along the I-5 Corridor
- If you are using solely diesel, commercial cardlock is available to everyone, everywhere in Oregon (individuals and businesses) and the US.
- To access gasoline at cardlock in Oregon, you must be able to prove that you use over 900 gallons of fuel a year.
- To access gasoline at cardlock in Oregon, someone in your business must also take a Oregon Fire Marshall Safety Test.
- NOTE: Message Star Oilco below for a copy of the Oregon Fire Marshall Safety Test.
Self Serve and Full Serve by law counties in Oregon
Are there many gas stations available?
We can provide you both a Pacific Pride and CFN cards (two networks that are very similar). We can secure the card to only work at commercial sites if you want or a widespread network of retail and commercial sites. Pacific Pride cards are accepted at Chevron, Texaco, Pilot, Loves, Sinclair and other retail stations if you want that convenience. This gives you over 57,000 stations that you can fill at.
What does a Star Oilco Pacific Pride or CFN card cost?
To be able to pump at a commercial gas pump in Oregon requires a fire safety audit. If you’re a diesel-only customer, there is a yearly $20 fee that covers this. If you use more than 900 gallons in a year, this fee is cut in half.
Safe and secure card: PIN-secured fuel cards are a huge feature to reduce exposure to fuel theft. We can even have multiple PINs for your card so each person you authorize to use the card are tracked when they fuel. Like a Prepaid Visa or Mastercard, Star Oilco’s fuel card programs control transactions per day, time of day or by zip code and can add other restrictions for use, such as an e-receipt, to provide a real-time alert every time a card is used.
Easy Billing: Every 2 weeks you will be billed for the gas you purchased. Emailed or mailed directly to you.
E-Receipts available: If you use an RV where several people may be fueling it, our card can provide an email receipt every time the card is used. Know in real time if someone is using your fuel card.
Downloadable apps: Both CFN and Pacific Pride have location finder apps that lets you know where the closest self-serve station is.
If you have questions about Pacific Pride or other cardlock systems please don’t hesitate to contact Star Oilco. We have a long tradition of making cardlock easy for businesses large and small. In particular, we specialize in helping you secure fuel usage to eliminate fuel theft and reduce any chance or opportunity for thieves.